Our centre provides a stimulating and fun environment to enhance your child’s learning in their early years. Much more than just a child care centre, Papilio Early Learning Box Hill is dedicated to the important role high quality early childhood education plays in setting children up as successful lifelong learners.
The first several years of your child’s life is crucial to laying the foundations for their ability to learn throughout their later years. As a toddler, children are opening up to new challenges as their communication skills expand and they learn to concentrate, experiment and play. Our specifically designed Early Experiences Program is at the heart of our approach to early childhood education. We have designed this program to deliver real-life learning experiences for your child. Our highly qualified educators support this phase of learning through a program of play-based activities to help your child explore their own interests and strengths.
A Day at Papilio Box Hill
- Breakfast: Between 7:00am-7:30am - alongside morning play
- Morning: Let's talk abour our day! Morning tea at 9:00am - 9:30am
- Mid-Morning: Extra curricular activity including outdoor play
- Lunch: between 12:00pm- 12:30pm - alongside calming yoga breath session and a choice of sleep or quiet time
- Early Afternoon: Curriculum EYLF and Lifelong Learning Activities
- Late Afternoon: Child-led activities and choice of indoor or outdoor play. Afternoon tea at 2:30pm
- Dinner: Late snack and quiet activities
Australia’s Early Years Learning "Framework, Belonging, Being and Becoming", is at the heart of our approach to early years education. The framework’s emphasis is on play-based learning. This includes things like singing to help your child learn about language; drawing with crayons to help them express their feelings and encourage writing; playing with shapes and patterns to develop their problem-solving skills; and group activities to build their social skills.
At our centre, you will find plenty of spaces that inspire your child’s creativity and imagination, which is so important for building social skills and self-confidence. Our toys, play equipment and resources are the types that would typically be found in the home, to help your child feel comfortable.
Some of the special features of our toddler early learning rooms include:
- A free choice of many creative resources, at a low height for easy access
- Spacious indoor and outdoor learning areas to pique children’s interests and engage their curiosity
- Open-ended resources such as a home corner that can be refashioned into a shopping centre kitchen, or café etc.
We would love to show you around our toddler rooms! Book a tour at our centre, or call 1800 CHILD CARE for more information.